The targets adopted by companies to reduce GHG emissions are considered “science-based” if they are in line with the latest climate science requirement to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement- keeping the increase in global average temperature to well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels and pursuing efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5 ° C above pre-industrial levels.
The process of setting targets involves the identification and quantification of Scope 3 activities, the selection of scenarios, the emission predictions, breaking down targets, etc. Based on the SBTi’s standards and requirements, CECEPEC helps clients set the targets to meet their actual conditions and expectations.
· Suggestions for base year selection
· Calculation of direct and indirect GHG emissions
· Identification and quantification of scope 3 activities
· Target calculation under multiple scenarios
· Future emission forecast and gap analysis
· Feasibility study of reducing internal, external and upstream emissions